Honorary Writers are invited to submit short articles for possible publication in the digital edition of American Homes and Gardens. The American Homes and Gardens Honorary Writer Program provides a fantastic opportunity to become a published writer, list a publication on your resume, or get your company name out there through an informative article!
These guidelines are provided to help writers understand the type of content that American Homes and Gardens will accept for publication:
- Articles should relate to one of the sections on the American Homes and Gardens website. (Topics include, Home and Garden; Home Improvement Projects; Architecture; Residential Building; Interior Design; Horticulture; Landscaping; Health, and; Personal Finance.);
- Articles must be written in English with proper spelling, grammar, and structure;
- Articles cannot be plagiarized, protected under copyright, or intellectual property rights;
- Articles written specifically to advertise a product or service will not be accepted;
- Articles that criticize any individual, group, organization, or product will be rejected. (This includes articles that discriminate, contain profanity, pornography, religious views, political views, or any other unethical content.);
- Articles must include the name of the author. (Authors using a pen name must provide their real name to American Homes and Gardens.).
Please email your submission to Articles@AmericanHomesAndGardens.com. American Homes and Gardens will consider each submission on an individual basis and reserves all publication decision and editing rights. Product and service companies that submit articles selected for publication can request a free banner advertisement and text link on American Homes and Gardens.
American Homes and Gardens will provide a letter of acknowledgement to the author of any article selected for publication.
The American Homes and Gardens Honorary Writer Program provides a fantastic opportunity to become a published writer, list a publication on your resume, or get your company name out there through an informative article!